Wednesday, March 13, 2013

11 days and counting.

We're all supposed to die on the 21st right? That's when some catastrophic world event is going to end us all? Yeah, well, we all have our ideas. Some, better than others.

It is time, long overdue, frankly, for a new post. Almost 6 months since my last one. I used to think this cathartic and soothing, but I simply have not thought about it, despite the ever accessible app on my home screen. For shame. Better late than never, I always say.

First, I am quite ready for a new start. Be it the Judgement and an eternal life in happiness or fire and brimstone, or simply the new year. Though, I have never found much promise in the new year. Simply frustration with writing the date wrong for the first 2 months. I suppose I've found myself to not be one for resolutions, but rather have every day start with a resolution. I've found how things can change over the course of a single minute, never mind a whole day, and I don't think I like making life goals for myself only once a year. Anyway! Enough Scrooge talk. I am also ready for the next chapter of my life to kick in. Maybe it has, and I just can't see it, because I'm in it.

In the past 6 months, I have moved. Drastically. 800 miles across country. Granted, I am nearer to friends and more family, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the stability and certainty of North Carolina, no matter how much I despised the place. I have had good relationships, bad ones, short ones, shorter ones, and relationships that didn't get their fair shot in. Only to be ever lurking in the recesses of my romantic mind. Been through jobs, a new home, and most recently, a broken up car. .

Not only have I not finished this post, the world did not in fact end, which gives me the most splendid opportunity to post, as-is, and start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment